How does Dalferth distinguish between science, theology/religion and philosophy? Give an example of the kind of question each discipline might seek to answer.
Compare and contrast the approaches to leadership presented in this Week reading and discuss the implications each has for leader development.
Storey, J. (2011). Leadership in Organizations
Bennis, W. (2009). On Becoming a Leade
In this discussion, we’ll continue the brainstorming process by discussing social and civic responsibility and how it applies to our unique communities. (See Section 2.1: The Writing Process: Planning and Prewriting Strategies.) Through this discussion, you will arrive at a topic for the research-based writing project in this class.
Prior to participating in this discussion, read Chapter 1 in College Writing Handbook. Then, review the discussion grading criteria and read My Adventures as a Social Poet, written by Langston Hughes in 1947. Re-read this short essay as many times as necessary to comprehend the words and their meaning.
After reading “My Adventures as a Social Poet,” reflect upon its message. Think about community members’ responsibilities to one another. Consider the biggest issues facing your community today.
Why is it important for us to write about social issues? Why does your research and your writing matter?
Remind the class of your community. Explain how Hughes’ words relate to you. Include reasons why you have a responsibility to your community. Hughes felt compelled to write about racial inequality, social injustice, and African-American culture. What compels you?
As you discuss social responsibility, talk about specific issues that affect your community. Use this discussion to identify a broad topic for the research-based argument we will be writing in this class. If you are having trouble choosing a single topic, solicit advice from your classmates.
Lab – Analyzing and Comparing GLBA and HIPAA
In this lab you will conduct a review of the literature on this topic and complete a literature review on this topic. There are many sites that can assist in the formatting and content of a literature review. Here is an example: http://guides.lib.ua.edu/c.php?g=39963&p=253698
Some of the questions or areas to consider are:
1. What U.S. government agency acts as the legal enforcement entity for businesses and organizations involved in commerce? 2. Which U.S. government agency acts as the legal enforcement entity regarding HIPAA compliance and HIPAA violations 3. Similarities between GLBA and HIPAA. 4. Differences between GLBA and HIPAA. 5. How the privacy rule for GLBA and HIPAA translates into information security controls and countermeasures. 6. The GLBA Safeguards Rule. 7. ePHI and its effect on HIPAA.
Make sure to provide a reference page that provides APA citations of any sources used in the literature review.
Literature Review Expectations: 1. At least 10 peer-reviewed articles are to be included in the literature review. 2. It should be organized by theme or subject of the article. 3. A minimum of one paragraph is required per article is required. 4. The review must be synthesized, and the articles analyzed for content as it relates to the content of the case study above. 5. Free of grammatical errors. 6. No evidence of plagiarism. 7. Since this is Information Technology related the articles cannot be greater than 5-years old unless it considered a seminal article. 8. The literature review must be run through the plagiarism detector and no more than 25% of the articles should be used by another student. If there is a greater than 25% match in the paper it will receive a point deduction of 50%. If greater than 50% is a match the submission will receive a 0 without an option for resubmission. If there is a match in articles the synthetization and analyzation of the material MUST be original for content.
Be sure to use appropriate APA format and cite your Reading or other sources that you used in your literature review.
The literature review should contain enough information to adequately answer the business problem provided in the case study and contain no spelling, grammar, or APA errors. Points deducted from grade for each writing, spelling, or grammar error are at your instructor’s discretion.
Also review the university policy on plagiarism. If you have any questions, please contact your professor.
Directions for Submitting Your Lab
Place your literature review in the drobox for the Unit 3 Lab.
Needs Statement, Goals, and Objectives
Pasqualina L. Anderson
HUMN 6207-3, Grant Writing
Dr. Frances Mills
December 14, 2018
Needs Statement, Goals, and Objectives
This grant proposal is aiming at improving the wellbeing of the homeless people within our community (The Week. 2018). An estimate of around 500,000 people live outside the house in the USA and this is a risky thing among human beings. Nevertheless, these people are prone to health issues that are uncontrollable (Rogers, 2018).
- The first goal of the article is to expound on the commitment of the funder. Although there may be other funders who also show commitment towards the research activity, their involvement differs. I will use several concepts to discover this goal in the article.
- Another goal of the article is to show how the funder is committed to supporting research students. Students from any field that concerns research find it difficult to raise funds on their own to support their brilliant ideas. Therefore, this goal will look at showing how committed the Lois and Samuel fund is, in supporting research.
- The last goal of the article is to show the motivation of the project. The real scenario, which inspired my research is identified, and it acts as a support for the research
- The first objective of the article is to expound on the potential commitment of Lois and Samuel Silberman Fund (Nguyen et al., (2018). This will be possible by looking at past activities of the funder towards different research funds they were engaged in to discover more commitment of the firm; we looked at the various fields which the firm fund’s projects and discovered that The Lois and Samuel Silberman Fund is committed to helping projects from diverse fields including my field.. Before deciding on which funder I will select, I carried out intensive research to look for the funder, which is more commitment to help the researcher.
- The second objective of the project is to determine how the Lois and Samuel Silberman fund is committed to helping young researchers by looking at the requirements to be funded. The requirements, however, are simple and clear, unlike other funders. To achieve this objective I also looked at the amount that they offer to social work students researchers, which turn out to be a reasonable amount that will boost the performance of the research. The program offered by the Lois and Samuel Silberman fund is suitable for most research in the social work field. Thus, it has proven to be committed to ensuring that researchers are comfortable.
- The last objective of my work is to explain what inspired me to do the research. To elaborate on this objective, I looked at the estimated number of homeless people within the boundaries of America and on what way they can get help with their situation. The mental conditions and health issues the homeless are facing are explored.
In the first goal and objective, which are directly relating I will evaluate them by looking at their impact on the general performance of the research (Chrystal et al., 2015). Where the commitment of the selected funder affects the research operations in a negative way, then it could reach a conclusion that the goal and objective has not been achieved. When the research operation is affected positively, then the research will be fairing on well. The evaluation is performed to previous researches, which were funded by the Lois and Samuel Silberman fund. By analyzing them, will be in a better position to estimate the probability of my research to fail or success. Another criterion that might apply at this point is looking at the sustainability of the commitment of the funder. This means that a thorough evaluation of the developments of the research associated with the commitment of the Lois and Samuel Silberman fund happen on a regular basis. The same will be observed in previous researches, which involves the Lois and Samuel Silberman fund. Where the sustainability results turn out to be positive, then the Lois and Samuel Silberman fund will have proved its commitment towards research.
The second goal and objective respectively will undergo an evaluation using the relevance of the activity, reported impacts, and efficiency (Chrystal et al., 2015). Starting with the relevance of the funder being committed, the only way I can tell if the funder is committed is by telling whether its presence is increasing the relevance of the research or not. The relevance also depends on, whether; the funder joins the partnership for their benefits, or to make up a good and efficient living place for the homeless. Another criterion that will show if the Lois and Samuel Silberman fund is committed is a measurement of the impacts. When the impacts observed due to the involvement of the funder are positive, then we can conclude that the funder is committed to ensuring a better livelihood. The last criterion that will evaluate the second goal and objective is the efficiency of the research. Where the results of the research directly match the involvement of Lois and Samuel Silberman fund, then I can argue that it is committed towards research.
The evaluation criterion for the last goal and objective takes into account feedback. To evaluate if the motivational factors of the research pass the intended knowledge then I will have to know its impact on people lives and experiences. Through getting feedback on the inspiration factors, I will be able to tell if the objective is achieved or not (Chrystal et al., 2015). This will also enable me to figure out if the research is necessary or not and views and opinions about the necessity of the research.
Chrystal, J. G., Glover, D. L., Young, A. S., Whelan, F., Austin, E. L., Johnson, N. K., …& Kim, T. A. (2015). Experience of primary care among homeless individuals with mental health conditions.PloS one, 10(2), e0117395.
Grant Forward. (2018). Lois and Samuel Silberman Fund.Retrieved on 7th December 2018 from, https://www.grantforward.com/sponsor/detail/lois-and-samuel-silberman-fund-2460
Nguyen, C. M., Sebastiani, R., Giorgini, P., &Mylopoulos, J. (2018). Multi-objective reasoning
with constrained goal models. Requirements Engineering, 23(2), 189-225.
Rogers, D. (2018). Mental health care for the homeless.pp.1-49
The Week.(2018). America’s homelessness crisis. Retrieved on 7th December 2018 from, https://theweek.com/articles/759683/americas-homelessness-crisis
2.What are Eight Dimensions of Quality
3. What’s Quality Improvement? Take an example and explain. (Within 50 words)
1. 4.What you can derive from these figures?
5.What is DMAIC? What kind of problem each step can solve?
6.What is the Mode?
5, 8, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 26, 26, and 40
- In term of Quality, What ‘s the difference between Defect and Defective?
- List at least 3 Statistical Methods for Quality Improvement. Briefly explain them.
- Calculate the Range for 12, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, and28?
- How can we improve the performance of a system?
- What is “DFSS”? Why is important? Briefly explain
- Calculate the Arithmetic Mean for 12, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, and28?
- Why do we need to preform Reliability Analysis?
- Name the types of Quality Characterstics?
- What is the Median in 12, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, and 29?
This chapter’s opening scenario illustrates a specific type of incident/disaster. Using a web browser, search for information related to preparing an organiza- tion against terrorist attacks. Look up information on (a) anthrax or another biological attack (like smallpox), (b) sarin or another toxic gas, (c) low level radiological con – tamination attacks.
Using a web browser, search for available commercial applications that use various forms of RAID technologies, such as RAID 0 through RAID 5. What is the most common implement – tation? What is the most expensive?
- Due Week 4 and worth 290 points
According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming integrated and interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex. Use the Internet to research one of the listed Fortune 500 companies below.
Submit a three to four (3-4) page paper
|BUS475 Company List|
|Tesla||Wells Fargo||Hilton Hotels|
|Coca-Cola||Progressive Insurance||L’Oreal Personal Care Products|
|Northrop Grumman Corporation||Don’t use Face Book||Starbucks|
Note: Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Specify the nature, structure, and types of products or services of your company, and identify two (2) key factors in the organization’s external environment that can affect its success. Provide explanation to support the rationale.
- Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organization’s financial performance. Provide support for the response.
- Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with your company.
- Submit a reference page with at least four (4) quality references that you have used for this paper.
Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS)OR APA. The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Choose either a specific country’s guidelines or the WHO’s guidelines regarding reporting infectious disease. Apply these requirements to a specific outbreak situation.
- What role would health systems play in applying these regulations? Describe and assess health systems in the prevention and containment of disease. Which do you think are most effective? Why?
- Be 2 pages in length, not including the required cover and reference pages
- Formatted according to APA writing guidelines
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of three scholarly articles from peer-reviewed journal articles.
Contrast and compare the cyber hacking laws between the United States, Russian Federation, and the Peoples Republic of China.