- SHOULD WE PRESCRIBE EXERCISE IN NEUROMUSCULAR DISORDERS?
USE THIS LIST OF POINTS TO ANSWER THE QUESTION ACCORDINGLY.
- Cellular processes of exercise: understand how muscle works, contracts, physiology (metabolic consequence)
- Neural input and interaction with muscles
- Structure and function of muscle (cardiac, skeletal, smooth)
- Exercise: Types: eccentric, concentric; anaerobic vs aerobic
- Metabolic profile –effect on quality of life. Lifestyle, nutrition, age
- Effects of exercises and its damage on different NMDs – Muscle repair for healthy vs.
diseased (dystrophic) state
- What is NMD? Is there commonality understanding different NMDs
- Basis of neuromuscular disease
- Dystrophies and myotonias
- SHOULD WE PRESCRIBE EXERCISE A PATIENT WITH MYASTHENIA GRAVIS?