Option #1: Statistical Analysis of a Life Insurance Company
Your organization, a life insurance company, wishes to analyze data from a heart health study to determine how to structure life insurance policies for individuals deemed at high risk for premature death. You are tasked with developing a better understanding of the variables in the dataset containing research on heart conditions. Management wants you to explore this dataset to determine if the data is suitable for use in the next phase of their upcoming analytics project.
Use SAS University Edition to conduct these statistical tasks:
- Data exploration
- Summary statistics
- Distribution analysis
- Table analysis
- Statistical tasks are located under Tasks and Utilities > Tasks > Statistics.
- The data set can be found in Libraries > SASHELP > HEART.
Submit an analysis of each variable in the data set. Include any tables, histograms, or scatterplot graphs necessary to support your analysis. Also, include a recommendation as to the suitability of this data set for meeting your organization’s business goal.
The final analysis report must meet the following requirements:
- Be 4-6 pages in length, not including the cover and references pages.
- Follow the APA Guide to Writing including citations and references. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with at least two fully developed paragraphs, and a conclusion
- Be clearly and well written using excellent grammar and style techniques. Be concise and logical. You are being graded, in part, on the quality of your writing.
- Be supported with at least three peer-reviewed, scholarly references, and one citation from the course textbooks. You may also include references from credible sources in print and from the Internet.